What you need
Large sheet of paper, tape, markers, a device to access Weavly and/or Block.ly, Dash
Logical skills to understand basic directions and repetition
Indoor area with space for Dash to move around
Depends on the learner, assistance may be required to guide or facilitate
In this activity, learners try different aspects of Dash through play and exploration.
Watch the activity video: Video Link
- Place a large sheet of paper on a hard and flat surface and tape its edges.
- Tape a marker on each side of Dash. Make sure the marker tips can touch the paper.
- Turn on Dash.
- Connect Weavly to Dash.
- Use different action blocks in Weavly to build a program sequence.
- Select the Play button to make Dash move on the paper and draw different shapes.
- If you are doing this activity on a tabletop or an elevated surface, block the edges to prevent robots from falling.
- Try different colors and marker tips to get different effects.
- Creative thinking
Complete this activity again with a planned shape or pattern.